Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

What are the regulations in regard to building and zoning permits?

Any new construction or the placement of a new (or used) building on a lot requires a zoning permit.  If the use of a particular property changes, a zoning permit is required.  All zoning permits are issued at Town Hall after a zoning application has been submitted and reviewed.  Building permits are issued by the Duplin County Building Inspections Department in Kenansville, N.C. (910.296.2124).  Building permits are not issued until a zoning permit is issued by the Town of Rose Hill.